Subject: [Leica] Re: PAW 17: Old feedl lot
From: ericm at pobox.com (Eric)
Date: Sat Sep 18 12:35:25 2004

Karen:

>I dunno Jeffrey. I made this PAW especially for you:
>
>       http://photoethnography.com/gallery/paw2004/index19.html

I'll take my chances with tornados and snow any day over hurricanes,
earthquakes, and excessively hot summers.  :)

We hung out in a closet under the basement stairs a year or so ago.
"Tornado Tuesday" when 67 tornados touched down in one day in South Dakota.
One touchdown was a mile or so away from us, and five were within a couple
miles.  We live just north of the solitary red track over "Harrisburg":

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/fsd/soo/tor062403/24jun03tracks_siouxfalls.htm

Luckily, these were all just small ones.  There was one F4 that completely
leveled a small town.  A Northwest pilot got in trouble for landing during
all of this instead of diverting elsewhere.  The passengers could see a
tornado out the window as the plane landed.

--
Eric
http://canid.com/

Message from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] PAW 17: Old feedl lot)