Subject: [Leica] Don's PAW, Surprise, rivers rise
From: dorysrus at mindspring.com (Don Dory)
Date: Sat Sep 18 18:40:57 2004

By no means did Atlanta suffer as much as the coast.  However, when you
get ten or more inches of rain in less than a day over a huge swath of
the watershed, rivers do flood.  The first image is a glimpse of the
families checking out the neighborhood.  This first image does show that
the new construction understands just how high the water can go.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album50/floodnewhouse

For some, the rain provides an adventure, a day away from the routine of
school.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album50/floodboysenjoyadayfromschoo

This is a long shot of a local playground.  If you look very closely,
you can see the children frolicking on the equipment.  Some of the
adults were concerned about what was in the water, but you had to wade
through the stuff to pull your child out.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album50/floodlongshotplayground

The reality of the damage is all too apparent to some.  I did not get to
the river until after noon.  Locals tell me that the water was up to the
windowsills of this house before the river started to go down.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/album50/floodhouseboat

All, enjoy the comfort of your warm, dry home.

Comments always welcome.

Don
dorysrus@mindspring.com