Subject: [Leica] Nepal ,altitude
From: firkin at ncable.net.au (Alastair Firkin)
Date: Sun Sep 19 04:39:26 2004

thanks so much for the link: the LUG is always a great starting point
for any "adventure". This is one trip on which I have not found a
Lugger to visit. Now that Ian Stanley has left Kathmandu :-(

I intend to use diamox only to address a problem and then move lower.
We are lucky to have a personal guide and porter, so we do not
influence anyone else if we decide to stay for extra days at lower
levels to be sure we are adapting. I'm hoping to do mostly b/w for the
landscapes, but will also do some colour work. Sounds like the
polarizer sends the sky almost black. Might be a good effect with b/w
once or twice ;-)

Thanks again