Subject: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Sun Sep 19 14:44:01 2004

B. D. Colen wrote:

> This just in from Mars:
> I would buy a digital M - IF it was price-point competitive with Canon
> and Nikon bodies offering the same image quality. In other words, if
> Leica produces a digital M for about $3K to 4K, that is comparable in
> image quality, megp count, etc., to a Canon Rebel or Nikon D70, I
> wouldn't buy it. If, however, they produce a 10+ megp digital M that
> compares to the high end Canons or Nikons, I would indeed buy it.

Amen.

Of course if they made a digital M that was of the quality of a Digital
Rebel then the company formerly known as E. Leitz will have entirely
ceased to exist.

My hope is that they are being properly anally compulsive and delaying
the digital M until a 10mp+ sensor can be made that works well with the
current crop of wide angle M lenses ... otherwise what would be the
point of a digital M?

Jonathan

Replies: Reply from bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen) (Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: [Leica] Lost Faith in Leica)
Reply from ericm at pobox.com (Eric) ([Leica] Re: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: Lost Faith in Leica)