Subject: [Leica] Re: Digital M/Digital Rebel was Re: Lost Faith in Leica
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Sep 20 06:38:46 2004

The answer to your main question depends on what one is going to use the
camera for. Just planning to grab a couple shots of Skipper and Buffie?
Then any piece of shit should do the trick. On the other hand, if you're
going to use the camera under any kind of trying conditions, you want a
cameran that is sealed as well as is possible against dust and moisture,
and a camera that can take some banging around. Keep in mind that there
are many PJs who need to replace their EOS1vs and NikonF5s every couple
of years - and those cameras are built for use hammering nails.; -)

No, one is pretty unlikely to be purchasing a digital expecting to keep
it for 50 years. But that doesn't mean that one doesn't want the best
build available.