Subject: [Leica] Re: digital needs
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Tue Sep 21 20:42:57 2004

Summicron1@aol.com wrote:
> um, for the same reason guys think bigger is better in so many ways, some
> more discussable on a family forum than others.
> women, on the other hand, know the truth and wish men would wise up.
> go to junkstorecameras.com and see what can be done with
> astonishingly bad  equipment and a little skill by, yes, a woman.

Some women I know actually think size is pretty
important, not always, but there are times.
It goes without saying that you must know
what to do with it.  Size is no substitute for
skills, that's for sure.

On the other hand, much of the time, you just
don't think about it.  You use the size you
are equipped with and concentrate on the job
at hand.

On specs, the Canon 1Ds II looks like a great camera,
though I would like to see the test reports on low life/high
ISO performance.   It's just a great time for photography.
There is still the small matter of eight thousand US dollars.

- Phong