Subject: [Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll
From: sandwell at earthlink.net (Howard Wells)
Date: Wed Sep 22 10:16:11 2004

"GREG LORENZO asks: Who still uses their LTM camera?"

I use a black III(F)serial number 129XXX with the 50mm Elmar (with hood)
that came with it and with a Canon f1.2 (also with hood) and a Cosina
15mm--the latter with auxiliary viewfinders. I also use it with pinhole
lenses from 15mm to 135mm. I use handheld meters or Sunny 16 or a Cosina
meter that fits in the accessory shoe.

No other camera feels as good in my hand as an LTM. I use modern RF cameras
almost every day professionally but none feel as "natural" or "good" as the
LTM, even the M6 falls short in my hands. An LTM-sized camera with a decent
viewfinder and rangefinder and a built-in meter would capture my
imagination far more than a new digital SLR, which I also use.

Howard Wells

--- Howard Wells
--- sandwell@earthlink.net
--- hwells@artacademy.edu