Subject: [Leica] Leica Thread Mount Camera Poll
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Wed Sep 22 18:25:19 2004

My very first Leica was a IIIc which I still use, most often with its 2/5cm
Summarit.  I also have a IIIf RDST with a 1.5/2cm Summarit and a IIIg with
a 2/5cm collapsible Summicron on it.

I most often use these cameras for street photograph with their normal
lenses, though I have a small collection of aftermarket lenses (Soviet
5.6/20, 6/28, 2.8/35, 1.5/50, 2/50, 2/85, and 4/135, and a 2x
Tele-Converter, along with a 2/50 Cooke Amotal and a couple of 3.5/105
Stewartry Trinols along with a 4.5/105 PAM Britar).  I also have a PLOOT
and a Visoflex I, II, and IIa in LTM, along with a 4.5/20cm Telyt, 4.8/280
Telyt, and 5/400 Telyt, along with a Kilfitt 4/300 Pan-Tele-Kilar with the
fitment to the Viso housings.  The Viso rig also allows me to use several
of my telescopes including my 1300mm Questar, for which I have a 1.5X
Barlow.  Thus, in the end, I can go from 20mm wide to 1950mm long.  And I
have several dozen macro lenses I can hook up via a Bellows II to the Viso
II or IIa rig to allow macrophotography down to 12mm or 16mm.

And I also have an LC60 meter for these lads, along with a slew of later
Leica-Meters, all overhauled by George Milton within the past decade.

I own a bunch of single-focal-length and multiple-length viewfinders from a
late Leitz one to a bunch of German and Soviet ones.

So, in the end, I often use one of these camearas or the other (the IIIc
most commonly) for street photography but I have been known to use them for
everything else as well.

I even photographed a wedding once with my IIIc -- one of the few
professional wedding shots I've done -- when my M3 broke on me as I was
the camera often make up for the, well, lack of expertise on the part of
the photographer.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!