Subject: [Leica] Sal DiMarco interview in Photographers Forum - now urban sprawl
From: phong at doan-ltd.com (Phong)
Date: Thu Sep 23 03:59:05 2004

Doug Herr wrote:
> photographer David Cavagnaro (http://www.naturalight.net/) says much the
> same thing about his move from Marin County California to Decorah Iowa...
> and my brother says virtually the same thing about his move from
> a railroad
> executive in San Francisco to an organic farmer/road salt distributor in
> rural Wisconsin.  Likewise for me.  I'll take a few acres of dirt
> over urban
> asphalt and concrete any day.

I on the other hand prefer a city over the country most days.
LA is an urban sprawl not a city to me.  You got to be able to
walk to appreciate the city.   When I lived in New York City,
I wlaked from Morningside Heights (and once even from
Washington Heights!) down to Battery Park every spring.
The problem is the US is that public schools are not great in the
cities.  Once my kids are grown, I will move to a condo in the
city for sure.

- Phong