Subject: [Leica] Re: Ford & F1 Jaguar
From: nathan.wajsman at planet.nl (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Thu Sep 23 22:06:35 2004

Kit is right. There is nothing magic about German manufacturing these
days. I have a friend who works for GM and has been involved in various
GM subsidiaries around Europe, and he tells me that their German plants
are *at best* average in terms of productivity and defect rates compared
to those in other countries.

I think that part of Leica long-term survival strategy will be to
terminate manufacturing in Solms and simply keep the HQ, R&D and design
there.

Nathan

--
Nathan Wajsman