Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students
From: lowiemanuel at yahoo.ca (Emanuel Lowi)
Date: Sun Sep 26 10:58:42 2004

Unless we're talking high school students here, may I
suggest that most folks who can afford to attend
college in the USA these days are also probably able
to afford a Leica?

When I showed up for Freshman Week in Boston way back
in August 1979, I was not the only student in my dorm
who brought a Leica with him. Mine was my trusty M5.
His was an early R4.

Others were inspired by the two of us to buy Leicas
within the next couple of years. That's how Leicas are
best sold -- by owner/users promoting the brand via
word-of-mouth.

Emanuel Lowi
Montreal

Replies: Reply from mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura) ([Leica] RE: Leica donation to students)