Subject: [Leica] RE: Leica donation to students
From: mlpowell at sbcglobal.net (Matthew Powell)
Date: Sun Sep 26 11:09:46 2004

On Sep 26, 2004, at 12:58 PM, Emanuel Lowi wrote:
> Unless we're talking high school students here, may I
> suggest that most folks who can afford to attend
> college in the USA these days are also probably able
> to afford a Leica?

No, not at all. The majority of American college students (a wide
majority) attend a public institution - ju-co to university - that's
within a hundred miles of home.

It's easy to look at a college campus and see a few new cars and assume
the student population is living large, but my interaction with
students points to them being the minority. I've worked full-time or
close to it the entire time I've been in school, and I'm far from
alone.