Subject: [Leica] Leica donation to students
From: Thinkofcole at aol.com (Thinkofcole@aol.com)
Date: Sun Sep 26 15:01:41 2004

Responding to Didier Ludwig's view that Leica should stress great
photographs rather than my idea of introducing prominent Leica owners,
remember
Polaroid's campaign using great photographs taken by Ansel Adams. The
campaign
worked, I guess, because Polaroid lived on for many years afterward but has
since
all but perished. I still believe that besides being a great product --
like,
as others noted, the Rolls Royce, Patek Philippe and Vueve Cliquot --  Leica
is a status symbol and its makes no difference whether its owner can take
pictures.
People  with money -- lawyers, doctors, dentists, architects,  contractors,
plumbers, you name it -- will copy famous people so they can  be like famous
people. Leica is a status symbol; if you have one, even if you  take lousy
pictures, you belong to an elite group.
that's why guys drive Mercedes, even though it's no longer the car it once
was. --bob cole

Replies: Reply from s.jessurun95 at chello.nl (animal) ([Leica] Leica donation to students /mercedes)