Subject: [Leica] Leica donation to students
From: gregj.lorenzo at shaw.ca (GREG LORENZO)
Date: Sun Sep 26 15:46:35 2004

on 9/26/04 1:44 PM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:

> > The real question, is how do
> > new potential users find out about the virtues of Leica cameras.
>

> I "sold" a friend on the SL2 this year.  How?  He saw my website,
> and asked
> about the camera.  His purchase of used equipment doesn't do much
> for Leica
> the company yet but in the long run I think it will.
>
> Doug Herr
> Birdman of Sacramento

Hi Don & Doug,

In my case it was my mother-in-law that first showed me the kind of results
Leica glass in the right hands could produce. Years later when looking for a
35mm SLR camera system to purchase I looked at Nikon, Canon, Olympus and
Leica.

Leica won hands down. Since then I have also picked up Leica M and LTM
rangefinders and Leica V35 enlargers in the darkroom. At present, I use
rangefinders with glass of 90mm and wider and Leica R for anything longer
than 90mm.

Regards,

Greg

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Leica donation to students)