Subject: [Leica] Leica donation to students
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Sep 26 16:08:28 2004

On 9/26/04 3:45 PM, "GREG LORENZO" <gregj.lorenzo@shaw.ca> typed:

> on 9/26/04 1:44 PM, Don Dory at dorysrus@mindspring.com wrote:
>>
>>> The real question, is how do
>>> new potential users find out about the virtues of Leica cameras.
>>

>> I "sold" a friend on the SL2 this year.  How?  He saw my website,
>> and asked
>> about the camera.  His purchase of used equipment doesn't do much
>> for Leica
>> the company yet but in the long run I think it will.
>>
>> Doug Herr
>> Birdman of Sacramento
>
> Hi Don & Doug,
>
> In my case it was my mother-in-law that first showed me the kind of results
> Leica glass in the right hands could produce. Years later when looking for
> 35mm SLR camera system to purchase I looked at Nikon, Canon, Olympus and
> Leica.
>
> Leica won hands down. Since then I have also picked up Leica M and LTM
> rangefinders and Leica V35 enlargers in the darkroom. At present, I use
> rangefinders with glass of 90mm and wider and Leica R for anything longer
> than
> 90mm.
>
> Regards,
>
> Greg

Greg if you go to Williamsburg I'll let your borrow my 135 3.4 APO M!

Like at Gettysburg or one of those places where everything is further away.

But mainly It makes you IMO realize that 135 is squarely in the range of the
modern Leica M system.
It's really an 90 APO ASPH Summicron which gets into those hard to reach
places.
And with matching quality.
It's really a pleasure to work in that focal length with the Leica M system.
And I use a plain vanilla .72 finder on an m6 classic or ttl.

No compromises.

No one left behind.

No prisoners.

No shirts, no shoes, no service.