Subject: [Leica] Zeiss Rangefinder
From: jplaurel at spectare.com (Jim Laurel)
Date: Tue Sep 28 12:46:01 2004

Well, guess I'm a day late 'n a dollar short on this news...  You guys
are really on top of things.

It amazes me that there has been so much interest in rangefinders over
the last 5 years or so, especially given the ascendency of digital
cameras of all kinds.  Honestly, I can't imagine what Zeiss are
thinking by introducing a complete RF system.  If one were to read
B.D.'s posts in the last year alone, you'd assume that all film cameras
- never mind the market-fringe-dwelling RFs - should all be assigned to
the industrial age rubbish heap.  I still maintain that there is a
market for a compact, yet high performance digital RF system.  I'm damn
tired of carrying around the 1Ds on my travels.  I miss so many shots
because it's not to hand all the time, like my M6 used to be.