Subject: [Leica] Vario-Elmar-R 28-70/3.5-4.5 vs 35-70/4
From: michiel.fokkema at wanadoo.nl (Michiel Fokkema)
Date: Wed Sep 29 13:43:05 2004

I can't agree with that.
I had the 28-70 but traded it in for the 35-70 after a few weeks. In my
opinion it is not up to Leica standards. At 28 there is too much barrel
distortion. The full opening was not very useful for me, too low in
contrast. The variable aperture makes it useless with non-TTL flash.
Maybe I had a bad lens, but this was the first and only time I regretted
buying a Leica lens.
I now have the 35-70 and the 24, both are great, truly Leica lenses.

Michiel