Subject: [Leica] Re: New Zeiss Ikon
From: attinasi at mac.com (Marc Attinasi)
Date: Wed Sep 29 13:55:49 2004

If they throw in a nice Hermes bag for SWMBO then I'm game ;-)

Seriously, I do not get the sour grapes about Leica... Leica makes good
stuff, I use it and I love it, lots of other do too. They are no Nikon
or Canon, for sure, but they do sell cameras and design new lenses from
time to time - good ones too. If they go out of business because they
don't sell enough of it, or if they stop producing stuff that I want to
buy, then at least we have other companies (Cosina, Zeiss Ikon,
Konica?) making compatible gear, at a similar quality level. If Leica
hangs in there, and continues to make good products that I can use,
then all the better!  Even if Leica goes down the tubes, or stops
producing new gear and focuses on fancy coverings and paint for their
old products, there is still a whole market full of high quality Leica
gear to pick from - so many used Leicas, so little time, as they say
:-)

Having stuck with Olympus even after the OM series died, I feel I have
experienced this already. I never had a problem getting good used
(cheap) OM gear. And I think Leica stuff holds up even better than
Olympus.

Cheers!
- marc