Subject: [Leica] Re: New Zeiss Ikon
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Wed Sep 29 15:12:40 2004

But that's the point, Simon - I'm not talking about "performance" of
anything; I'm talking about availability of, and price of, product. And
if Leica thinks the path to survival lays through winning a bunch of
Erwin Puts bench tests by .xxx%, they're dead on arrival. Fractions of
percentages aren't going to matter - actually having a product will. If
Leica can now turn on a dime and put out a real digital M six months
from now - BEFORE Zeiss comes out with one - and price it so that it
appeals to more than a handful of people for whom money is no object,
then they have a chance. If not...