Subject: [Leica] r8 motor drive rewind?
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Wed Sep 29 21:21:21 2004

eric wrote:
> > In that case, the motor drive does not rewind.. seems this is not an
> > uncommon problem.
> > Back to KEH it goes...<<<<<<<<<

Hey Eric,
Don't press the panic button just yet. I mean all this e-mail back and forth
is pretty damn easy, however the human voice and a camera with motor in the
hands of an experienced user merely a phone call away, may make a big
difference before you send it back.

That is unless you live next door to the camera store, then who cares. But
we do have some serious users since the motor arrived on scene, so hang
loose mon ami as most of us have hit pretty well every snag possible. So
let's see if we can't get this re-winding as it should before you dump it.

Yep some time it's nothing more than a Q-tip touch of cotton swab to the
motor and body contacts and it's working like a dream as it should. And the
cotton swab is worth doing every once in awhile before going to panic mode
for anyone of us simply because it's just a clean contact.

So what have you done and tried other than making a phone call and going one
on one with a user since they hit the street? Actually a user of three
motors since they birthed!

ted

Message from leica_korenman at hotmail.com (eric) ([Leica] r8 motor drive rewind?)
Message from msadat at gmail.com (kiakki) ([Leica] r8 motor drive rewind?)