Subject: [Leica] New Zeiss Ikon: they know their target...
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Sep 30 09:31:37 2004

I don't think so, William. If Leica knew its audience better than the
LUG does, Leica wouldn't now be partially owned by Hermes, and wouldn't
be losing money every year on the R line. The problem with the CL is
that it wasn't an entry level Leica, it was a mini-me Leica.
Bessa/Cosina is doing just fine, and all they're doing is selling
entry-level Leicas and lenses.