Subject: [Leica] What's short for Barnack? Barney, that's what...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Sep 30 12:18:00 2004

On 9/30/04 7:52 AM, "John Scocca" <john@scocca.org> typed:

> I'm profoundly un-impressed.   Wanna be an old fart?  got 20 grand? buy
> Leica!!!
>
> Here's one alternative ad campaign - it occurred to me while I was
> taking my weekly shower...
>
> Question:  Want 25 (or however many) megapixels?  Now??
>
> Answer:  Buy a Leica and use film.
>
> And here's the killer app for Photokina 2006:  simultaneous electronic
> and film photography.  Design a camera that gives a 2 or 3 mp instant
> gratification shot and also puts a latent image  on film.  Provide the
> best of both worlds.  Stress the archival qualities of film and the
> evanescence of digital media.  Any digicam that uses an electronic
> viewfinder is already on  the way.
>
> back to lurkdom...
>
> cheers, john scocca

Bring your film in and have them scan it while they run it. Or the other way
around.
I bring my stuff into a place called Photocraft here in Portland and get
each shot on the whole roll scanned to produce a 300dpi 8x10 16mg file for
15 bucks with my professional discount. I think that's a 20mg tiff file. I
think I save five bucks with the pro discount.

As far as I'm concerned my Leica M's, Hasselblads and Rolleiflex 2.8 F all
are digital cameras. As I'm doing digital photography with them.

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon
http://rabinergroup.com/