Subject: [Leica] What's short for Barnak? Barney, that's what...
From: john at scocca.org (John Scocca)
Date: Thu Sep 30 07:52:39 2004

I'm profoundly un-impressed.   Wanna be an old fart?  got 20 grand? buy
Leica!!!

Here's one alternative ad campaign - it occurred to me while I was
taking my weekly shower...

Question:  Want 25 (or however many) megapixels?  Now??

Answer:  Buy a Leica and use film.

And here's the killer app for Photokina 2006:  simultaneous electronic
and film photography.  Design a camera that gives a 2 or 3 mp instant
gratification shot and also puts a latent image  on film.  Provide the
best of both worlds.  Stress the archival qualities of film and the
evanescence of digital media.  Any digicam that uses an electronic
viewfinder is already on  the way.

back to lurkdom...

cheers, john scocca

  [Leica] Photokina - Film Dinosaurs