Subject: [Leica] Re: Yesterday's walk home
From: geebee at geebeephoto.com (GeeBee)
Date: Thu Sep 30 15:46:34 2004

From: "JCB" <jcb@visualimpressions.com>

> At 01:56 AM 9/30/2004, Daniel Ridings wrote:
>
> http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/040929

> >The walk takes me along the stream that runs through Oslo. It's
> >fascinating to have such a beautiful environment on my walk home through
> >the center of one of the worlds major cities.
> >
> >The last few images are from my own neighborhood.
>

> A very beautiful city indeed... if you like graffiti. Your pictures are
> nice (composition & exposure), but the subject isn't. Sorry, I'm not a fan
> of graffiti regardless of how it is juxtapositioned.
>
> JB

Hi Daniel,

I found it interesting to view your journey to work and thought the overall
impression was a pleasant journey without being swamped by graffiti. The
richness of the colour 'glamourised' it on occasion. Most evident in this
shot which I found very easy on the eye :

http://folk.uio.no/danielr/images/040929/pages/IMG_1135.html

Graffiti is a big problem in the UK, so much so that the politicians saw
votes in a campaign to clamp down on it and a few fine speeches were made on
how they were going to clean up our environment. I share JBs' dislike of
graffiti. I most definitely did not want to smile at this response on a bus
shelter that appeared a couple of days after our Tony lent his weight to the
campaign but I couldn't help myself:

http://www.geebeephoto.com/Leica_PAW_2002/pages/Week%2049.html

--gb

Message from jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB) ([Leica] Re: Yesterday's walk home)