Subject: [Leica] Re: nachtway
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Sun Oct 3 09:20:59 2004

i saw the images in the copy of time floating around the office and knew who
did them before i got to the title page.

nachtway does excellent work because, unlike the vast majority of news media
types these days, he actually gets off his lazy ass and gets out where the
story is taking place. The rest take the word of official sources or wait to
be
spoon fed something, or only go as far as their battaries will last, and
ever
get far away from a tele link for their precious digital cameras.

Dave Barry once said news reporters were people who wouldn't believe the sun
was rising unless they had an official source tell them, and he was right.
We
never see it more than today, where nobody knows what is really going on in
the world because the news media is too lazy/chicken to find out. Nachtway
is a
rare exception.

c trentelman