Subject: [Leica] Too much shooting LF
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun Oct 3 16:22:02 2004

I have to go back to shooting 35mm stuff again..... Why?  Glad you
asked.....

When you shoot 4x5, using a tripod, and LOTS of time per exposure, you
correct every little error in parallelism/perpendicularity and focus.  You
notice these things to the point that any negative with the slightest amount
of error, is thrown away,  You move 2 inches to get things "right".  Then I
go look at some postings by our group, and I can not help but focus on the
issues of parallelism/perpendicularity and focus, and I forget that this is
all about getting pictures of people and not about architectural (
sterility) correctness.

I think I need to take a chill pill......and enjoy the emotionality of the
Leica images of people and places.

Anyone else feel this way?

Frank Filippone
red735i@earthlink.net