Subject: [Leica] Re: New Zeiss Ikon
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Mon Oct 4 07:43:49 2004

:-)

There's no question that up until now Leica has been the ONLY choice for
someone who wants a pro-quality rangefinder. The question is whether
this new Zeiss, and the R2a -3a will give the handful of folks who
need/want Leica-like quality an option.

But, again, my contention for some time has been that Leica has been
kept afloat by the fact that they have been the only rangefinder game in
town. As we know from Leica's only financial reports, the Leica SLR
effort has been a money loser.