Subject: [Leica] Re: New Zeiss Ikon
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Mon Oct 4 19:05:44 2004

>How about users? Does anybody use them? I cant help thinking if there were
>any good than I'd have at one point in my life seen one.

I occasionally used my S2, sold it, and now have an S3 which I
occasionally use. The glass is excellent, very nice, kind of a Sonnar
look to everything. The viewfinder is less than stellar. I've looked
through other S3s and they're all the same. Kind of dim compared to
the Leica M3.

Tom Abrahamsson regularly carries around his SP which is rather
tattered looking.

So there are some S-users out there. But very few  I think would
claim that the *body* was better than the Leica. We are all fans of
the early Nikon lenses.  If the Nikon->Leica M adapter were more
available, we'd be using that. That's part of the reason that Mr.
Kobayashi came out with the Voigtlander Bessa R2S - to allow us to
use the wonderful S glass.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura