Subject: [Leica] Ragù
From: joecodi at clearsightusa.com (J. Codispoti)
Date: Tue Oct 5 10:20:16 2004

-----Original Message-----
>> Isn,t Ragu the italian word for the original
Bolognese sauce?
>> simon jessurun

The word rag? is derived from the French rago?t
which was, originally, a beef-vegetable stew more
than a sauce.
Then around the 1700s, in Bologna, it was
developed into a sauce for pasta.

The ingredients include ground beef, pancetta
(bacon), onion, carrot, celery, beef stock, tomato
concentrate, butter or oil, salt, pepper.
There are many variations to this basic recipe.

Other than mushrooms I don?t like vegetables in
pasta sauces. I make my rag? with equal parts of
beef, lamb and pork with no veggies at all other
than tomato sauce.

Joe