Subject: [Leica] OT: I need a cheap FILM camera
From: mail at gpsy.com (Karen Nakamura)
Date: Tue Oct 5 21:25:58 2004

>I figure this will warm the hearts of the film dinosaurs on the list :-)
>But it is a legitimate request. A friend of mine needs a manual
>focus, manual everything SLR camera with standard lens for her
>teenage son's photography class, and has asked my help in choosing
>one. I guess the default recommendation is a Pentax K1000 or
>possibly ME Super; but what are similar offerings from Canon, Nikon,
>Olympus, Minolta? It has to be 2nd hand, since all their new cameras
>are autofocus which is out for this purpose.

Nathan -

I don't recommend the K1000 myself too much because it does not have
DOF preview.

A Spotmatic SP, SPII, or any of the other screw mount clones is a
good idea.  Go to my page below and browse through them.

Karen

--
Karen Nakamura

Replies: Reply from locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke) ([Leica] OT: I need a cheap FILM camera)