Subject: [Leica] A new album
From: DouglasMSharp at netscape.net (Douglas M. Sharp)
Date: Wed Oct 6 11:18:45 2004

Sorry Peter,
I've been through my steam library and found nothing. But I've manged to
narrow it down a bit.
Could be a Paxman Portable Engine
http://www.nelmes.fsnet.co.uk/paxman/portcata.jpg
or a Marshall
http://www4.tpgi.com.au/users/jgwalker/
or maybe one of these
http://www.prestonservices.co.uk/portables.htm
The support  of the flywheel axle seems to be the Marshall design.

There are in fact thousands of references, Google on "portable steam
engine" there's enough to keep you busy for a few days.
Next time please take a shot from the front, the makers name is nearly
always on the smoke box door.
Douglas