Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Thu Oct 7 08:53:39 2004

Yeah, Ted but in those days I thought nothing of tossing the big lenses, a
couple of bricks of film and extra bodies in a hard shell case to be checked
baggage. At least there it would be wieghed properly.
A Domke carryon with 2 checked bags 75lbs each was the rule and I, Tike
tina, learned it by feel.

Now your gear will be stolen or wrecked and your film fried so I think its
more "dangerous" (my, aren't we mellow dramatic) because now we all try to
carry as much as possible in our carry on in order to protect our property
from the goons and thieve employed to "protect" us.

I'll take a 14 year old with an AK and strung out in Qat any day.

...and I was a pilot briefly in a previous life and I don't play one on TV.

And here I am now contemplating shipping extra gear to Nairobi by Fed-Ex
(about $700.00 with insurance) because I can't carry what I normally use as
a professional photographer going to work.

All because airport authories and airlines can't portect my baggage and
property when it is in their care.

I'm sorry but if they cannot maintain "national security" without losing or
destroying my property, and taking responsibility for their actions they are
not qualified to do to their jobs and it is all a lie.

...just a little pissed of today.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com