Subject: [Leica] Extra photo bag on the plane
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu Oct 7 17:14:09 2004

On 10/7/04 4:00 PM, "William G. Lamb, III" <lambroving@worldnet.att.net>
typed:

> Ken,
>
> Put all your cameras through the x-ray machine and hand your film
> loose in a baggie for hand screening. I shoot film which says
> professional on the cannisters and tell them I'm pushing all of it.
> Be creative and polite. As I look very tidy and not someone to mess
> with, I've not had trouble getting even my 200 ISO hand screened,
> even at Heathrow. Print the TSA page and hand it too them if they
> try to put you off. Works for me anyway...
>
> William

I am intrigued by your statement:
"As I look very tidy and not someone to mess with, ..."

I believe there is a lot to be said for this. I for one have just revamped
my personal image. I dress up more now; wearing button down shirts instead
of tee or polo shirts. Solid colors. No more patterns.
This didn't happen last winter at this time so maybe It's not that.
And I got a hair cut. And I'm wearing real shoes more often instead of
Nike's or clogs.
Although I just got a pair of Converse Jack Purcell's.

My "Alice" bag gives me a different look than my black bulletproof shapeless
Domke did last week.

I fully expect better treatment from the world and everybody.

My dog is afraid of me. He cowers in the corner.

But I'm picturing you looking like John Steed of the avengers.
Bowler and Cane.
http://www.dissolute.com.au/avweb/steeded.html

Mark Rabiner
Photography