Subject: [Leica] Re: extra photo bag on plane
From: images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley)
Date: Thu Oct 7 18:35:36 2004

At 08:37 PM 10/7/2004, you wrote:
>It is really amazing what that asthmatic german came up with so many moons
>ago, too bad we've forgotten.

Did he travel on a plane carrying all of his film and equipment?

>Also amazing how good your pictures get when you
>quit depending on equipment to do the job and start using the computer
>lodged
>between your ears.

When you are gone on an assignment for a month and are expected to come
back with the photos, you have to have a certain minimum of cameras, lenses
and film - which is what I try to carry - and which weighs more than you
can carry on a plane today.  And I carry much, much less than most
professional photographers.  No lights, no flash, no telephoto lenses, no
tripods.

>standard travel kit: CL and four lenses (15 to 90) in a shoulder bag.
>Olympus
>XA as backup.

And the film and batteries?  If the CL jams, will the Olympus give you the
options you need for the job?  What if you need a macro lens?  If you don't
travel by air, carrying photographic equipment is simple.  It's when you
add the security and weight problems that have been imposed in the last few
years that you run into problems.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com