Subject: [Leica] Re: what are photogs supposed to do?
From: Summicron1 at aol.com (Summicron1@aol.com)
Date: Fri Oct 8 06:07:54 2004

In a message dated 10/8/04 2:24:23 AM, lug-request@leica-users.org writes:

> So, I ask you again, what in the hell are photographers supposed to do?
> ? With experiences like this, you can understand why we "cheat" and
> stuff things in vests and pockets.
>
> --Jim
> there must be a photographer's association that can take this up with TSA,
maybe NPPA (national press photographer's association) or something. It's a
growing scandal, with as you say, security personnel allowed to cut locks
then
nobody has any security and no responsibility -- a perfect scenario for a
thief.

in the meantime, I am fortunate in that I don't NEED to take all that
junque,
so I let the size of the bag determine how much I can carry. As Tina said,
take them on the plane and don't let them out of your sight.

I was looking at a picture of AP award winning photos last night and there
was Edie Adams, who shot the vietnamese general shooting the viet cong guy
in
the head, with two leicas around his neck and a   nikon over his shoulder.
But
it was still a relatively small kit, as these things go.

c trentelman