Subject: [Leica] Re: minimal
From: jcb at visualimpressions.com (JCB)
Date: Sat Oct 9 13:22:48 2004

At 05:35 AM 10/9/2004, Summicron1@aol.com wrote:

>you are absolutely right, and as I said previously, you who really need to
>haul all that bumpf with you ought to be screaming at your professional
>organizations to do some lobbying with the airlines and TSA to get you some
>accomodations -- if they can let Saudis fly after 9-11 when people were
>dying because
>they couldn't get to a heart transplant, they can cut the working stiffs a
>break
>too.

The ASMP, the largest association of photographers (American Society of
Media Photographers) of which I am a member, has done this. But remember,
the staff of an airport or airline does not necessarily know this or may
have been told to ignore it. Following is the exact agreement from ASMP:

ASMP Works with Transportation Security Administration to Change Airline
Carry-On Baggage Regulation

EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY

Thanks to the efforts of ASMP and the cooperation and understanding of the
Transportation Security Administration (TSA), working photographers and
other members of the traveling public may now take on board an additional
piece of carry-on baggage containing photographic equipment. This means
that you are allowed to carry on two bags - when at least one is
photographic equipment - along with a personal item. This accommodation
will make it easier to travel for working photographers with sensitive and
valuable equipment. Document Checkers are being informed at this time of
the change in Transportation Security Administration regulations. The TSA
has said to go ahead at this time and take advantage of the new policy.

Be advised that some Document Checkers may not be aware of the change in
policy and this will require your speaking to the airline's customer
service personnel. Also, the additional bag must conform to the carry-on
regulations for size and weight. There will still be occasions when there
simply is no space available on board for additional carry-on and this will
require checking a bag.

Eugene Mopsik
Executive Director ASMP
November 20, 2003

Want to know more about ASMP, go to www.asmp.org

JB

Replies: Reply from jplaurel at nwlink.com (Jim Laurel) ([Leica] Re: minimal)
Reply from images at InfoAve.Net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Re: minimal)