Subject: [Leica] Epson R-D1 images as promised
From: thlrlgrp at mac.com (Mike Cahill)
Date: Tue Oct 12 04:44:46 2004

On 10/12/04 7:31 AM, "Don Dory" <dorysrus@mindspring.com> wrote:

> Mike,
> I think that you have the best toys so the party is at your house.  I'm
> sure that you wouldn't mind loaning us your RD-1 while you are B&Bing in
> the mountains: after all, you don't seem like the type to take that kind
> of picture.
>
> So, all of us going to the Leica Seminar will just stop by your house
> Wednesday afternoon.  Lagavulin and LEpson, that sounds like fun.  We
> will take good care of your toys while you are away... :) :)
>
> Don
> dorysrus@mindspring.com

You're killing me, Don...

Wednesday afternoon is tough.  I haven't been potted in the afternoon since
my NYC agency days long ago...might be fun again.

A couple of observations on the camera:

It's heavy and seems well put together.

The finish is delicate, a minor rub and I've already lost some paint from
the corner of the camera.

The limit of three frameline settings is annoying.  It was also annoying on
the Bessa cameras as well.  It would be mice to have a 21mm setting as well,
particularly given the 1.5x magnification.

It takes excellent pictures.  I've only posted the one image, I've got
another from yesterday afternoon that?s worthy.

Since I bought fgrom a guy who brought it back from Japan, I have no manual,
so I'm winging it.

More later...