Subject: [Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough
From: doubs43 at cox.net (Walker Smith)
Date: Tue Oct 12 14:31:08 2004

>We've now entered the world of true madness.

Long before now, I believe. Not many months after 9-11, an eldery
octigenarian gentleman was treated even more rudely by the security
staff at Denver's airport because he was carrying a medal suspended from
a ribbon that they claimed could be used as a weapon. The security staff
were all too ignorant to recognize the Medal of Honor or the name of the
man carrying it: retired Marine General Joe Foss of WW2 fame, trying to
return to his home after being the keynote speaker at a Veteran's affair.

Greg, while I enjoy your posts, DON'T preach to me about civility when
YOUR nation was closely aligned with the powers of Europe that gave us
WW1 & WW2. No one from those countries with their record of butchery is
entitled to say one word in rebuke when the subject is civility. You
don't have the moral right to do so.

Walker Smith

Replies: Reply from alaxsxaq at gmail.com (Glen Staufer) ([Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough)
Reply from max_weisenfeld at verizon.net (Max Weisenfeld) ([Leica] Geesh - and we though camera people had it tough)