Subject: [Leica] Re:lux Q
From: nicholsj at edge.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue Oct 12 19:41:55 2004

John,

It's not just the modern lenses that fall into that category.  I owned a
73mm/1.9 Hektor LTM that was supposed to be a good portrait lens.  I never
found it to satisfy my needs, and it certainly wasn't a real "long lens".
I sold it.  I also tried the 50mm/1.5 Summarit LTM, but found that, at
least in the example I owned, it was not up to the usual Leica build
quality.  It's gone also.

I still have an Imarect Finder with  a "click" for 73mm.  Maybe some day I
can afford a 75 of some sort.

My 50mm/3.5 Elmar and 50mm/2.0 Summitar are oldies, but goodies.  They also
work well with my 50mm Briteline finder, which, for us old guys with
tri-focals, makes life much easier.

Jim Nichols