Subject: [Leica] Genuine Fractals-any good?
From: rangefinder at screengang.com (Didier Ludwig)
Date: Wed Oct 13 09:59:04 2004

Nathan

Don't know Genuine Fractals.

Getting a TIFF out of a basic (1-layer, 4-channels) PSD (Photoshop native
format) does usually not increase the filesize, as it's practically the
same information.

Getting a TIFF out of a 100% quality JPG can increase the size with factor
up to 10 or even more.

And when you change the mode from 8bit to 16bit the size increases with a
factor higher than 2.

Kind regards from Zurich-Wollishofen
Didier