Subject: [Leica] Genuine Fractals-any good?
From: locke at straylight.ca (Greg Locke)
Date: Wed Oct 13 10:45:23 2004

>From a 6 megapixel dSLR...

...better than 24X36 from a 35mm colour neg.
...better than 20X24 from colour neg, too.

But not as good as a reversal print from Fujichrome 100.

And not as good as a  print of the same size from a good scan of a
Fujichrome slide.

What can I say? ...it works! Don't know why, but my printer makes great
prints with chemicals or pixels.

The qualifiers being...

I have never liked colour neg film ...not even Reala.
Not for printing or scanning. Only used it when there was no other option.

Digital replaced colour neg in my work but not chrome.

I have not worked with B&W negs in almost 10 years.

Greg Locke
St. John's, Newfoundland
http://blog.greglocke.com
Independent journalism from