Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica AND crop factor
From: bdcolen at earthlink.net (B. D. Colen)
Date: Thu Oct 14 19:37:54 2004

If they don't get it right with the digital R and sell a boat load of
them they won't be around to produce the digital M. They're already
losing money, and the R line has been a loser for a number of years. So
they're not in a position to screw around. If they'd been smart, they
would have started work on the digital M back when Cosina reportedly did
- rather than tell everyone that such a camera was an impossibility -
and have it out by now. Because the M is where the potentially huge
market is. But that would have taken a modicum of marketing savy. ;-)