Subject: [Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica AND crop factor
From: feli2 at earthlink.net (feli)
Date: Thu Oct 14 19:44:10 2004

Well, contrary to popular opinion, I'm going to make a wild guess here
and
say that some preliminary research has been going on for a few years.
I really don't think they are a complete bunch of idiots. For one thing
I believe
that they feel that it has to be full frame, and it's really only been
in the last
year that full frame chips have matured and come down enough in price
to make it a viable option for them. I think they can scrape by for
another
year and half and well see something quite good. I downloaded the hires
test images from the R-Module and they look pretty damn good. If the
high
ISO pics hold up they may have something really special.

Feli

feli2@earthlink.net
www.elanphotos.com

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Say Hello to Hermes Leica AND crop factor)