Subject: [Leica] Transparency film and purple clouds
From: jonathan at openhealth.org (Jonathan Borden)
Date: Fri Oct 15 05:36:06 2004

Richard F. Man wrote:

> Provia (actually all Fuji slides) is known to scan blue even AFTER
> scanner profiling. I have now gotten very accurate except slightly
> blue scans from my slides. Very simple to fix so I am living w/ it. If
> Kodak ever release a finer grain E100G, I would try that. Before that,
> Provia rocks!!

You should be able to adjust your scanner profile to correct for such
blue casts. That is the point of profiling. As long as you are scanning
in a 16/48 bit space, there aren't terrible limits on the ability to
correct via profiles.

Jonathan

Message from daniel.ridings at edd.uio.no (Daniel Ridings) ([Leica] Transparency film and purple clouds)
Message from richard-lists at imagecraft.com (Richard F. Man) ([Leica] Transparency film and purple clouds)