Subject: [Leica] Transparency film and purple clouds
From: rolfe.tessem at gmail.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Fri Oct 15 08:28:57 2004

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 01:20:03 -0700, Richard F. Man
<richard-lists@imagecraft.com> wrote:
> Provia (actually all Fuji slides) is known to scan blue even AFTER scanner
> profiling. I have now gotten very accurate except slightly blue scans from
> my slides. Very simple to fix so I am living w/ it. If Kodak ever release a
> finer grain E100G, I would try that. Before that, Provia rocks!!

I always use a KR3 (81C) filter when shooting Provia in daylight. I've
never felt that I was overwarming things -- usually it is right on the
money.

Here is what Schneider's web site says about the KR3:

B+W KR 3 [81C]
This filter is strongly recommended for daylight photographs,
especially in spring and summer with cloudless skies and clear air. It
helps eliminate the strong blue tone and haziness which is produced by
this level of ultraviolet light. Furthermore, it will reduce the
unwanted blue tone in shadow areas with an overcast sky. Filter factor
is approx. 1.2.

--
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe.tessem@gmail.com>