Subject: [Leica] Appple G5
From: rolfe.tessem at gmail.com (Rolfe Tessem)
Date: Sat Nov 6 18:45:22 2004

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 12:05:45 -0600, Robert Clark <rclark01@comcast.net> wrote:
> I'm looking pretty seriously at an Apple G5 and will probably go with the
> G5
> iMac with the thin 20in screen integrated into the computer hardware.  I
> have used mostly PC's in my work but my spouse has a G4 and I like using it
> for working with photoshop and Nikon software.  I'd like to know if we have
> G5 users on the group and if so, are the users pleased?  From what I
> understand, the G5 is a terrific machine for graphics and manipulation of
> large graphic files if you have ample memory.  I''ll probably go with the
> 1.8mhz processor.  If I had and was willing to spend it, the stand along G5
> with dual processors looks sweet but given the way I'll be using mine (not
> for profit...hobby type work), I'm thinking the G5 iMac would be the best
> solution for me.  I use a Nikon D70 and will be getting a scanner for use
> with my M6.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks,
> Robert Clark
> Lancaster, PA

You will love the G5, I'm sure. Just be sure to get at least a gig of
RAM for it, since with Photoshop this is an even more important factor
than processor speed. I'm still on a 733MHz G4 and it works fine with
lots of RAM, but I too am eyeing one of the G5's :-).

--
Rolfe Tessem
rolfe.tessem@gmail.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Apple G5)