Subject: [Leica] Digital "crop factor"
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri Oct 15 18:25:23 2004

Gandy and B.D. talk about this thing about coming out with a digital back
for this "loss leading" R system.
Like the R system is a total loss and should not be bothered with!

This of comes comes as a big surprise to the many people, amateur and
professional on the Leica Users Group who use these cameras daily.

To me it's obvious that a digital back for the R system can totally change
it's market position.

It could as I've said before on list do this dramatically.

It's going to be perceived that digital does not need to be done on Program
mode with silent wave or whatever micro motored lenses.

It can be non with rangefinder with Relish.

And can be done with manual focal groundglass with Gravy.

There's more than one way to skin a CCD.

http://web.mit.edu/dryfoo/www/Info/condiments.html

Mark Rabiner
Photography
Portland Oregon