Subject: [Leica] Cloud Cuckoo Land & Yankee Bashing
From: kargue at sympatico.ca (Kevin Argue)
Date: Fri Oct 15 20:16:07 2004

Marc- I have read enough on the LUG about Americans that I am forced to
respond. I am a Canadian living 15 minutes from Niagara Falls and the US
border. That is the largest undefended border in the world between 2
countries whose free trade makes them the largest trading partners. Yes
America, Canada is your largest trading partner-- not Japan or China. But as
Canadians discover Americans know nothing about this side of the border. My
friends in Buffalo are prime examples. Worse when America makes trade deals
like NAFTA they turn on Canadians when we seem to have an advantage. Look at
softwood lumber. Look at how many Americans were outraged when the Blue Jays
were in the world series. Hillary Clinton blamed Canada for the great power
failure last summer. 911 terrorists were blamed on Canada even though they
entered the US legally and were trained in Florida.
You asked why the world hates America. Bin Laden, Saddam, Noreaga of Panama
and others were all supported by the US until America turned on them. Kerry
says in the debates about making some foreign policy on what the world
thinks, Bush says you make your own policy. Iraq- most of the world has
turned on you because of your decision to go to war and now you want them to
take over. That's why the world is unhappy with Bush.
As for your reference to World War 2, Canada was fighting along with Britain
long before you guys showed up. I didn't see the US airforce in the Battle
of Britain! More important, during the early years of WW2, German prisoners
were brought to Canada and in on famous escape the moment he crossed into
the US he was a free man!!! As for the end of the war how many nazis ended
up in the US? Have you heard of Werner von Braun?
It is the attitude of do as I say but don't do as I do that you live by.
This is what is turning the world against you.
One final note, my friend and former teacher teacher returned from 2 weeks
in Italy and talked about the graffiti every where they went-- f*** Bush!

Kevin Argue
Ontario near the US border