Subject: [Leica] Cloud Cuckoo Land & Yankee Bashing
From: msmall at infionline.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Fri Oct 15 21:18:49 2004

At 11:21 PM 10/15/04 -0400, Kevin Argue wrote:
>Worse when America makes trade deals
>like NAFTA they turn on Canadians when we seem to have an advantage.

I was unaware of any US intention to harm Canada in the adoption of NAFTA.
In fact, I recall that Canada, then under a decent government, adopted the
treaty.

>Look at softwood lumber.

That one is a really hot issue in the US.  Every morning, USans congregate
around their plates of red beans and rice or chittlins or red gravy and
biscuits to discuss the next phase of "Operation Softwood Lumber", and we
eat our pancakes or fried steak or the like while contemplating the
economic destruction of the Dominion by our unerring knowledge of the
Softwood Lumber (whatever that is -- could this be what we call coniferous
wood or pine?) situation.  The REAL goal of the USians, of course, given
our huge mania for pancakes and waffles is to seize the Maple Syrup
industry and to deny the Rest of The World this most excellent flavor.  <he
grins>

Look at how many Americans were outraged when the Blue Jays
>were in the world series.

I do not recall any such upset. I do recall that folks felt less of the
Canadians as their only team to reach the World Series was an American
League team, in that junior circuit committted to failure.

>Hillary Clinton blamed Canada for the great power failure last summer.

I would need a citation to a reputable source for this.  I recognize that
Hillary Clinton is  probably the least likeable female in US history but,
at the same time, she has a careful eye for her run for the Presidency in
2004.  Thus, I would suggest that she never said anything quite so outre.

Marc

msmall@infionline.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!

Replies: Reply from abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge) ([Leica] Cloud Cuckoo Land & Yankee Bashing)