Subject: [Leica] Cloud Cuckoo Land & Yankee Bashing
From: pklein at 2alpha.net (Peter Klein)
Date: Fri Oct 15 23:31:21 2004

Sorry, Greg, you're too late.  Dick Cheney already has a secret plan for a
bloodless invasion of Newfoundland.  The objective is all those icebergs so
beautifully illustrated in Greg Locke's photos.  Halliburton already has
the strategy in place.  Large ships will drag the icebergs to the Gulf
coast of Texas, where they will be floated into giant drydock pens and the
salt water pumped out. The icebergs will naturally melt in the ungodly
Texas heat.  The resulting fresh water can then be pumped out, bottled and
sold at a price that will drive Evian, Crystal Geyser, and especially
Perrier out of business.

Canada will officially protest, but will secretly tell the U.S. that all
will be forgiven if it would also kindly take Quebec.

Phase II will be the establishment of a similar facility in Kuwait.  It
will process icebergs harvested by another U.S. colony established by
similar means in Tierra del Fuego.  The resulting water will be traded,
barrel for barrel, for oil from the usual Mideast suspects.  These
countries will be in no position to bargain, as the deliberate acceleration
of global warming created by U.S. greenhouse gas emissions will have driven
these countries into drought so severe that they'll have no choice. This
will have the double benefit of eventually erasing the U.S.'s trade deficit
and allowing Halliburton to finance the R&D to develop a Hydrogen monopoly
that will kick in once the oil runs out.

--Peter, who can't believe he actually joined this thread.

Replies: Reply from dpost at triad.rr.com (Dan Post) ([Leica]Global warming remark by Peter....)